*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Happy Birthday........

......to my brother, Jeff !
54 years old today, he rode with me to Church this morning, and then, after Sunday School was over, and I picked up hubby for regular Sunday morning service..........well...........then it was MY birthday---------well, kindof !
You see, I was baptized this morning ! I've started fresh; I am a new creation in Christ !
Wednesday night, I told our pastor that I would like to be baptized this Sunday morning if it was possible. I told him that I had been baptized before, when I was 14, but that I had not understood exactly what it was all about then. (God has been an ever-present source of strength and healing for me for about a year and a half, now, since He helped me realize that I DID NOT KNOW HIM. I gave my heart fully to him, then, in 2008.)
My pastor said that it would be just fine.
I went this morning, prepared to be baptized by the youth pastor (I know, I know, I'm not THAT NEW), because he does most of the baptisms......and he did come back to the baptismal and get dressed in the waders in preparation. But just before the pastor announced that we were ready, the youth pastor sent word for my other brother, John, to come back there. I could barely see over to their side of the baptismal readying area, but I could tell that there was some changing of clothes going on ! It turns out that the man who was going to baptize me felt that the LORD told him to ask my brother, John, to do it. I saw that the other man had re-dressed, and now John was wearing the waders, and I asked the friend waiting with me, "Is John able to baptize?" She said, "yes", and I just started praising the LORD for this sweet favor he had granted me this morning !
So, there we were together, hubby and brother Jeff in the balcony, and John, and I in the baptismal, today, on Jeff's natural birthday, and my new baptismal one...........I never could have imagined a year ago that such blessings and changes could have come my way in the short spanse of a year.
God is faithful. God is ever present. God is merciful. And yes, God is patient.......Praise the LORD, he is patient ! And He is so sweet !
GLORY TO GOD !

4 comments:

  1. congratulations...that is wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Jeff, and congrats to you! That is so awesome that your brother could baptize you, what a blessing! What a wonderful day for all of you.

    Love your daughter's beautiful photo, she looks very sweet:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know this was such an important day for you. I admire you so much for how you have handled yourself and gotten through this past year. Please know I am one of your many admirers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! You are living such an amazing life with many sweet memories sprinkled into the challenges! What a special day for you all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !