*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, November 8, 2010

Jack's quilt -- "Election Sure"

 "Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling, and election sure.  For if you do these things, you will never fall, and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our LORD and Savior Jesus Christ."..............II Peter 1: 10-11
"ELECTION SURE"

I finished Jack's quilt a little while ago.  I started it one week ago tonight, and, as you know, he passed away one week ago tomorrow, on one of the most talked about election days of my generation.  I pray that people will be as interested in being among the 'elect' that is spoken of in the Bible.  I'm so glad that Jack joined THAT party !
The quilt finished at  51 X 60 1/2  inches after washing and drying.  Maybe I can get a nice photo of it outside tomorrow..........this week is just beautiful, perfect Fall weather-- a last hurrah, I think !

I had a little bit of fun with the fact that Jack had been in the army, ........ I snuck in a little bit of Army girl tease in case he's checking out his quilt from afar.  I gave him a Sailor girl, too, figuring a bachelor wouldn't mind......
Thanks once again to Jodie Ann........her leftovers just make my quilts POP !

......I'll have to make a point of explaining my thinking to his sister when I give HER the quilt !
This quilt got a nice, one-piece back of the blue shirting plaid that I spoke of earlier.  I really like it.  Once again, except for the backing and batting, this quilt was made entirely from my stash, which confusingly doesn't seem to be shrinking any, even though I'd be happy to see the LAST of most of these fabrics !







6 comments:

  1. what a beautiful quilt! I'm sure his sister will be appreciative and care for it for him!

    Homecomings are always a celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. quilt is great and again i love the way you use just little pieces of something to accent your quilts and make them so personal. i love that it does not make you crazy to do scraps and put all the colors together so great. luv ya. been making doll clothes for grandaughter, now that i have some other stuff done am cleaning off the dining room table so i can lay out the japanese quilt i started before the garage sale. hopefully will finish it this weekend. sure need to do some major machine quilting at mary ellens' is kel ready to move yet or is she in ?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! I'm sure his sister will deeply appreciate all the love and thought you put into it.I love red, white and blue quilts and yours is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great Dolly! The patriotic red white and blue is perfect and your free motion quilting rocks! Another beautiful finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dolly, your quilt is beautiful!!! How his family will love it, I'm positive.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !