*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, February 12, 2010

Sewing

I got to see hubby do some of his physical therapy, and had nothing but praises for our LORD's healing power.  He looked very good pushing that walker down the hall.....nice to see him vertical again for a little while.

I finished the planned blocks for the quilt, but am definitely not loving it.  It's not symmetrical, and while I love things that are wonky/purposely asymmetrical (am I spelling those right?), I'm not getting that good vibe right now. 
I tried this to balance it, but ehhhhhhhhhhh. 

Yuck, looking at it here, I think that this is about the ugliest quilt I've seen in awhile !  Ugh.......I just want to get to the quilting !

I think I'll have to change my plans and maybe add some vertical strips or something. 
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr !

3 comments:

  1. i think vertical strips would look great. so glad to know that your husband is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is "not a so easy" sewing..and u did it. BRAVO :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. your right it is a little wacky
    i think some sashes will make a difference and define the T's
    the mock up looked great but i think you used too many similar colors for the T's
    my opinion which you know i love your scrap quilts

    Affair of the Heart was great spent too much $$$ boy mary E would do great there i was having fabric itch if someone was there with fabric it would have left the building. have a good weekend. love the olympics been waiting on this for months.
    off to watch eleanor she is on at 8 am

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !