*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, May 24, 2010

Ideas are brewing !

Wow.........this Spring's Bloggers' Quilt Festival is NO DISAPPOINTMENT, huh? 
I have seen so many quilts that inspire me, some making me long to do one JUST LIKE the one I see !

But, right now, I have just a small piece of my next little quilt in mind.  I don't know what the design of either side will be, but it MUST have a little ruffle like this one has.

Never thought I'd want to make another ruffle on a quilt.  I made this one in 1987 or so, on this little log-cabin sampler quilt.  I didn't care for the making of it, and figured I'd been there, done that, end of story.
But this week, 1 1/2 year-old Autumn Taylor was over and we were playing dolls (hooray, a little girl who still loves dolls !), and when I wrapped her baby in this quilt, the ruffle just made it adorable !   All I've ever done is put the quilt on a table or chair as decoration, but the size and ruffle are perfect for a girly-girl's doll.

So that's my starting point........back to seeking inspiration !  Boy did I pick the wrong time to switch to a slower internet connection. 
Hope you're enjoying the 'show', and thank you  to all of my new followers........hope to have some better posts soon !

2 comments:

  1. i have so many new quilts on the to do list now. so much inspiration. congrats on the new followers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the link to the quilt show, I am so inspired by all the creativity. I am slowly working my way through all of them, I don't want to miss any! I have so many ideas in my head it is just ridiculous, and I will never have time to do even half of them ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !