*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, August 26, 2016

Cool weather prep...

...also known as 'making hay while the sun shines' !

This week I decided that it's prudent that I get some things basted up to be worked on over the cooler months (even though the hubby insists on running the heat so high that I hardly know that the seasons have changed except that I am stuck INSIDE.)

So, I resurrected this quilt top that I pieced last year, I think.


I started out basting it under cover of the carport, but as the day's heat and humidity increased, I got the idea of moving the frame inside.  I knew that I didn't have room to put the frame back onto it's legs, but I could stand it on it's edge.


I pieced a back for this top shortly after I made it.  It was so nice to have everything ready to go when the mood struck to baste.

 I had done about 1/3 of the basting, and was able to take my time UNDER THE COMFORT OF AIRCONDITIONING to finish the rest.

My biggest problem now is that everytime I see the basted quilt lying around, I have a huge impetuous urge to QUILT IT NOW !

So, today I pulled out some scraps and this little tree block that I've been staring at daily (it has been on my design wall), and I pieced some 12-inch tree blocks.

 My idea is to buy several Autumn-hued solid-colored fabrics to use as all of the different backgrounds, and then use my scraps as the tree fabrics. I hope to mix the size of the blocks also, but I'll just let it develop as I go along.  For now it is a good diversion from THE BASTED TOP !

Tonight we had a real BOOMER of a thunderstorm, putting off my mowing once again, but the power outage has been corrected.  I still hear rumbles out there, so I guess we're not quite through it yet.



2 comments:

  1. Oh I like your quilt projects AND your helper ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dolly, love your header verse, and its message so clear and plain. Your quilts are wonderful and I always admire your 'get-it-done-ness'. I get tired so easily and don't get much done. I did unearth my cross-stitch yesterday and hope my eyes will let me finish a project or two. Is your cat a special breed? HIs/her coloring is so special. Hope you have a really good day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !