*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, April 10, 2017

Hubby's Memorial

Today was a difficult day that ended well.  My church graciously held a memorial there for my husband, James, as it has been 4 weeks today since he passed away.

We waited for the school where my daughter teaches, and the ones where her kids attend,  to go on Spring Break, so that they could travel here across the states.  Kelley came with the two boys.

Lots of family and friends, and brothers and sisters in Christ came out to send James off with love, laughter, and tears.  We rejoice in his new Heavenly address as we miss his humble spirit and loving ways.

His ashes have now been scattered here, around our little acre-and-a-third homeplace, just as he requested so many times.  He's at peace and happy, as am I, though I'm terribly lonely without him.

It was a beautiful service, and I was just so humbled by all the love that was poured out to us today.

Blessings are pouring out also in SO MANY ways, as I went on my first job interview on Friday........the first in 39 years, that is !  If I get it, I'm looking at hard work, long hours, and new experiences, but I trust that God will not bring me to it unless He means to bring me through it !

So, hopefully, I will have news to share very soon.  Lots of changes taking place around here !

SPECIAL NOTE:  Three of my best friends from Oklahoma drove out together all the way to middle Tennessee to be here for me.   Jodie Ann, my bestest friend, was here in  spirit while recovering from a very serious illness.  I love them all like sisters !

5 comments:

  1. Oh Dolly, I had marked yesterday's date on my calendar and kept you in prayer yesterday. I remember how excited I was for my husband, that he was with our Lord, but how dreadfully I missed him. It's hard to believe that it's been five years for me. Time just flew by.
    I'll keep praying that the next chapter of your life brings new joy, that you are able to stop and reflect of your precious memories!
    Good luck on the interview!
    Your Sister-in-Christian-Love,
    Jan in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been off the net for a while so I was so saddened about the loss of your husband. Myself having lost my first wife to leukemia thirty years ago I can say that I know what you are feeling. My happiness among the sad thoughts are that you are so close to God. Stay close even though sometime the emptiness and pain creeps in and out. God loves you so much and he loves having your husband with him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hugs sweetie, we lost our grandson and his entire family to a house fire last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad your friends came to be with you...I think about you all the time....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a nice service and so much love poured out. So glad to be there to celebrate James life and support a treasured friend. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !