*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, April 17, 2020

Basting the Frankenquilt

I have spent the last week putting together a back for a top that I made last year. 


 I took orphan blocks and arranged them on my design wall until I was satisfied with the look.
At that point, I started to add pieces from this green print fabric that I had found in a box of scrap fabric that I purchased from a second-hand store.
The pink will be removed after the quilting is done.                               
 I just had enough to make the back big enough for the front, having to sew on a pink strip all around, just to have enough overage to be able to pin it into my basting frame.
 I'm finding that I like this back better than the front......of course, it doesn't matter, since it promises to be truly reversible.  I think that I will machine-quilt it from the front, since it gives me more of a 'grid' to follow when quilting.
This was the only block that I had to do any applique on........I added the hexagon block to the center of this very plain large block, to spice it up a bit.
Even the batting for this quilt is a Frankenbatt !   I pieced it together with many leftover cuts from making other quilts !

We are all still sheltering in place or "safer at home", as they like to say, because of the Covid 19 virus pandemic.   Our county has only had two diagnosed cases.  I stay home mostly, except to run meals to a friend, and of course, do my shopping.  I DID have a short visit from my brother Jeff today.........a most wonderful chance for a much missed hug !  It was so nice to visit with someone in person !

1 comment:

  1. It really did turn out great. It's a one of a kind and designed very well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !