*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Saturday, June 13, 2020

Onward and ......onward , basting Jo Ann's Trip Around the World top

Time to start another quilting !

I bought this quilt top from my dear friend years ago when she had a garage sale (her garage sales were EPIC !)

She says to me, "what are you going to do with that?  Those are not your colors at all !  You're a scrap quilter !"  What she didn't mention is that her quilts HAD to be made from fabrics all belonging to ONE COLLECTION at a time, and this top was actually made with FIVE different colors of THE VERY SAME PRINT !  It was classic Jodie Ann, and I HAD to have it !



Well..........Jodie passed away a year and a half ago, and Dolly will now have a 'remembrance' quilt to enjoy, and to make me smile at her wonderful quirkiness.  


So, today I spent the afternoon basting it in my living room......my living room that after scooting furniture as near the walls as possible, and some in the adjoining kitchen, is barely bigger than this quilt, which is actually only twin-sized.  But it's done now, and I'm hoping to make it my 'spare-time-hand-quilting project', enjoying my Q-Snap floor frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !