*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, March 22, 2024

A FINISH--Strings for Candace





 Apparently, it is my new norm to  miss blogging about my finishes.  This one has been done for close to a week.  Actually, it is a near-copy of a former finish.

 A friend was visiting a few weeks ago, and really loved the colors in a little quilt that Marley Jo, my younger cat, has shown a preference for.  Anytime it is spread out on a chair , Marley makes a bee-line to hop up onto it and get comfy.   This is it (the original quilt), below, in 2 photos.  I originally used it as a table-topper, but it turned out to be a wonderful leg-cover this past Winter while I rested in the recliner, watching YouTube videos.  That's when MarleyJo got acquainted with it's yumminess as well !

My friend loved the colors and wanted to buy one just like it, but bigger.  I volunteered to make one as a gift.  Well.......I tried, but my strings only went so far in matching the original, so the new one wound up being only an inch or so bigger over all.  I haven't seen her yet to give it to her, and if she doesn't want it because of the size, I'll just keep it .  But it's ready, either way !  (they're both around 38 inches square, and flannel backed.)  So these photos below, and the first 3 photos of this postare the newer quilt.
( This is a twin bed. )
The two separate quilts have the exact same amount of blocks.  But, due to the differing arrangement of coloring, the original quilt displays 6 full bright diamonds, and 6 half bright diamonds.  The newer quilt, on the other hand, displays 9 full bright diamonds.  The original has two print borders and two scrappy borders.  The borders on the newer quilt are all scrappy.
I presented the quilt to Candace yesterday, and she was absolutely thrilled !  Her final thought was that it was too beautiful to ONLY be a lap quilt, could she possibly hang it on a wall !  So I took it home and added a sleeve.....and went ahead and finally remembered to label it as well .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !