*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, May 16, 2011

A little piecing, a little knitting........

I cut into my little pile of pink fabrics that I bought in February.  I didn't want anything complicated......that seems to be a running theme in my life right now..hmmmmmmm......ANYWAY, there have been lots of half-square triangle quilts that have caught my eye in the last couple of years, so I just cut lots of triangles and a few squares to break up the piecing a bit.
Here's the resulting baby-quilt top.  I don't have a recipient in mind for it yet.
***********************************************
And I just, in the last hour, actually, finished knitting my first cardigan sweater !   It's a little one, sized for a 2-year-old, but it still teaches me the same principles that I would use on any size of regular knitted cardigan.  I am so excited........like when I finished my first pair of mittens a few years ago.  They were the first thing that I ever knitted that took shape right before my eyes as I knitted, and it was like magic to me !
This sweater had to be seamed up the side and sleeve seams, and I wouldn't want to enter it into any competition, but I'm satisfied with it as a first effort, especially for having so many color changes (I just used leftovers that I had in worsted weight Red Heart acrylic yarn).   I had to pick up stitches to knit the sleeves and the neck and front bands.  This was a good refresher course for my knitting.
When I started it, I just had in mind to make a sweater to have here at my house for when Allyssia comes over and isn't dressed warmly enough to take a walk with us.  I think that it will work fine for that and it encourages me to try bigger sweater projects.

3 comments:

  1. Darling sweater! Sweaters are my favorite thing to knit (prolly cuz I love to wear them ;)
    You have such a good eye for color, the stripes and color blocks are sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way the pink top looks in the middle of the butterfly quilt. Might be a great idea for someone who has only a few vintage blocks.
    Congratulations on the sweater. (I like knitting on long circular needles so that there are no side seams to do later.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pink really caught my eye, Dolly, it has that bright hot pink that is so pretty. Your sweater is adorable! The mixes of color, stripes and blocks are cute! It's a true original.
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !