|I really love this layout and wish that I had gone with it !|
A star was an obvious consideration, but when laid out, it was just TOO traditional for me, even though the fabric combination was fresh.
|Lottie is 3/4 grown, and gives you some idea how small the quitie was.|
Today, I just cut and added 4 different fabrics for wide 6 inch borders. I left all of the points of the diamonds on the outside edges until I had sewn on the borders, hopefully avoiding stretching . I don't think that it is square, since I didn't square it up before adding the borders, and knowing that diagonal seams tend to make things go a bit wonky. But it is big enough now for a lap quilt for someone who is wheelchair-bound, or for a baby quilt. Hopefully, I'll baste it and machine-quilt it soon, though I'll need to buy some brown thread first !
|In the closeup view of this, it sortof looks like it is pieced from squares rather than diamonds......it's NOT !|
The finished measurements are are about 42 x 47 inches.