*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas passed...........

........in such a peaceful manner.  Praise God, our Saviour lives !

   When the tree is taken down, and the ornaments and home decor is stored away, I hope to set up my cutting table SOMEWHERE.  I just don't start many projects because of the aggravation of getting everything out, and then putting it all away after only a few hours' work.  I have some fun new fabrics, and some ideas floating around for ways to use them.  I MUST get my sewing fix........SOON !

    I guess that means that I am starting to feel more like my old self again !  I have been trying out different foods this past week and I have found that I can eat quite a few things if I take my time, swallow carefully, and sip skim milk or water after pretty much every bite.  In essence, I am washing down my food, but, hey, I'm eating !  Praise God !   I reached 137 lbs, so far, at my lowest weight, but am back up to around 140.  I still drink an occasional bottle of Ensure Plus, just to make sure I get a little more protein and other needed things that my limited diet may not give me. 
 
   The sleeping situation is a little better, too.  My next doctor's appointment is this coming Monday, and I feel confident that they'll be removing this feeding tube !  Hooray, hooray ! 


3 comments:

  1. It is so great to hear that you had a nice Christmas and are doing better each day. And I am especially excited to hear that you are thinking about quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrating with you! Wishing you some time to create and be at peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Dolly, God is so good to us. I am praying you'll be better than normal soon ~
    :-} pokey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !