and, I free-motion-quilted the background area.
It took me a while to adjust to this machine..........mainly, getting used to it wanting to make a snarl of threads underneath at the beginning of all stitching. I learned to try to always remember to hold the threads when I start a new line of stitching.
I used the serpentine stitch between straight lines of quilting in the border.....I was really pleased with the way that looked.
My fault, there.......I don't keep stabilizer, so I couldn't get it to look right on a single layer of regular quilt-weight cotton.
single-hole-throatplate-Singer that I've used for 36 years !
I'm a simple gal, and I love my simple machine. I'll enjoy playing with the Melody, but my heart belongs to Ernestine !
But, all that said, here she is ......... the finished product....WITHOUT A NAME !
Looking back at this post, it looks like a lot of complaining done by a very ungrateful, small person. That was not my intention at all. I only wanted to give a realistic, true-to-self review of this machine, because I went searching for one before I received it and could find very little of value. I am still VERY thankful to have won such a wonderful prize !