Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Saturday, September 20, 2014

It's been a big week !

I finished the little quilt that I was hand-quilting.


I've named it

GARDEN'S GATE
It measures around 40 inches by 46 inches. It is my own original design.  I pieced and appliqued it atleast a year ago, probably quite a bit longer ago.

 I quilted each of the brown diamonds into 4 sections, and quilted a smaller diamond in the center of each colorful diamond.

Each border received a different quilting design; the top and right borders were quilted by following the design elements in the prints; the left border used a stencil of flower and vine, and the bottom border received vertical lines one inch apart.

The back is made up of various pieces of red/pink/white printed fabrics that I had stashed away.

 I wish I had the energy to use up my DRAWERS full of fabric like this !  I love this type of back on a quilt.


Also, the LORD has seen fit to let me win another wonderful prize.....

































...this time from a drawing at our local health fair.  I was contacted this afternoon to let me know that I had won the 1100 watt Nutri Ninja Professional pitcher/singleserve blender !
I hope I will now be able to enjoy fruit in my diet again !  Drinking fruit would be much easier for me than eating it !  God is just so very good to me.......not just when I win things !  ALL THE TIME !  But winning surely is fun !

2 comments:

  1. I love your quilt and the back is great.
    You are a winner for sure.
    I am trying to use up my old fabric, so sick of it ,I want new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your quilt....the back is just as beautiful as the front!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !