Praise !

"NOW THANKS BE UNTO GOD, WHICH ALWAYS CAUSETH US TO TRIUMPH IN CHRIST !"

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Sunday, February 5, 2017

Bonus baby quilt

My friend, JodieAnn, is cleaning out and redoing her sewing room, so, I got a couple of fun boxes full of scraps and pieces in the mail !  Included was a small pile of triangles that were matched with a solid yellow fabric.  After trying several layouts, I concluded that the prints would look better if they were paired with white.

So I decided to use a piece that I had just ordered from Connecting Threads (Starbursts and Flowers, from the Whisper Palette).  It made for a beautiful background fabric.  I played with the design last Sunday, and yesterday I got to put it all together.

Now my frustration is that I don't have a big enough piece of batting to use for this (I need a 45 inch square) without cutting into my roll of Pellon 80/20 that I got from Walmart.  It is 96 inches wide and I hate to cut into it for smaller quilts.  I may just break down and purchase a 45 x 60 sized batt if I can find one locally.  But for now, I can concentrate on piecing a back that will fit.

1 comment:

  1. Your quilt is lovely, I love that background fabric. Sew pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !