*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Sad news -- January 15, 2019--JoAnn Gilley's passing


2000 Outlaws Quilting Christmas Party at my house.
Back row: Terry L., Mary Ellen J., me, .........Joy Dell G.
Front row: Wanda R., JoAnn (in solid red), Mary B., and Terri G.
 One of my two best friends and favorite quilting  partners, JoAnn Gilley, died last night.  She has been battling health issues for years, and most especially for the last 2.  I am thankful for her being freed from all that, but my heart is broken to know that I will never visit her in her sewing room again.....never attend another quiltathon with her......never laugh with her again over one of her famous 'flips'. (She was alway putting quilt tops together with a flipped triangle or some such thing.)
2002 Weekend Quiltathon at bank room.
Back:  Terry L., JoAnn G., Wanda R., and Mary Ellen J.
Front: me
In the second photo, we are together in a room that included a kitchen area.  It was freely offered by a local bank, by reservation.  We used it atleast twice a year, usually for three-day weekends.  We would bring whatever we were working on, including quilts that needed basting (notice the frame in the background).  We would also bring food to cook, usually a big pot of soup with breads, so that we didn't have to interrupt our quilt-time until we had to go home and feed our families.  Before we had access to this room, JoAnn would open her home for a few of us for 2 or 3 days, while her hubby did the cooking for all of us.  Good times, and very treasured memories.

I love her dearly and am so very thankful to have had her in my life for so many years.  There will never be another 'Jodie Ann'.

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by !