*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, January 10, 2020

First finished top of 2020, and THE TABLE

I was browsing through my boxes of things in my sewing room, and I came across a box filled with 5" squares that I had forgotten.  I marked the light ones with a diagonal pencil line, and then I sewed a seam a quarter of an inch on either side of the line, making half-square triangle squares.  Playing on my design wall, I came up with these squares-on-point.   To make it a bit bigger, I sewed 2 borders around it, the first one made up of lighter whole squares, and the second one from dark blue and black squares.

It's a strange size, at 56" x 64", but I think that it is finished.  It's a usable throw size, and it looks good hanging on a wall, I think.

Then, this week while browsing in a second-hand store, I came across a big, heavy, beautifully made dining room-type table.  I was able to pick it up for the price that I saved on groceries this week, so I got my brother to bring his pickup to fetch it home for me, and to help me to get this heavy thing into the house, and the legs put back on.
The stickler in the whole deal was that I had to trade rooms in my home, between my then-existing sewing room and my bedroom.  So, I spent yesterday, and the day before, moving things back and forth between the two opposite ends of the mobile home.

  The goal I had for the new table was to be able to "catch" quilts that I am machine-quilting, so that they don't flow off of the back of the machine cabinet onto the floor, pulling on the needle of the machine.  Can hardly wait to try it, but today I also had to swap the closets that went with each room.


But, as a result of 3 days of work, I now have a cozy little bedroom, and a good-sized (for a small trailer) sewing 'studio'.
I think I'm just about finished with the changes, and am excited that I purged alot of things at the same time.

 I now have good access to my design wall and my cutting table as well......and room in the closet to hang my quilt tops.......maybe I'll actually get some of them quilted this year !!!!!  Go 2020 !

2 comments:

  1. That was a lot of work, but how wonderful to have that huge dining room table next to your sewing machine. It's going to make working with quilts so much nicer.
    By the way, I love your quilt it's gorgeous!
    Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Worth all of the work....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !