*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, September 18, 2020

FINISHED....Oklahoma Stars inTennessee......a project from the past and present

 Oklahoma Stars in Tennessee


This one goes back to my Oklahoma days, but I'm not sure of the year.  Maybe after 2000?  Anyway, I dug it out a few months ago, and found that the inner skinny border was cut too short, and was pulling the corners inward.  So I removed it,........and it was in a lovely bright green that just really picked up on the green in the final border..........but I had no more of it, so I went with this gold.  Then it hung on my design wall until I felt so guilty that I just HAD to quilt it.

 I started out hand-quilting, then added quite a bit by machine, returning to hand-stitching for going around the design motifs in the outer border.  It has an all cotton batting, so I may find that the batting in those open areas of that border  migrates upon washing.  But being a wall-hanging, I hope to not wash it TOO often, and even then, to do so in a gentle manner.


 I haven't had any success in coming up with what I want to piece next, so I'm basting up my daughter's second signature/friendship quilt top from her days of joining me at our Spinning Spools Quilt Guild meetings.  Today I bought the backing fabric, and moved the living room furniture around in preparation for tomorrow's thread-basting.  I'd start it now, but know that after mowing the front yard, I don't have the stamina to finish it tonight, and Marley cat would just love to claim it as her hammock.   

Remember, this is how I baste my quilts.......although, NOW I use my living room rather than doing them outside.




4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. I'm so glad that you stopped by !

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I wish I had the patience for quilting. When I was in my 20s I decided to make a simple just-squares quilt. Bought about 5 different colored calicos, cut them up into, I think, 5-inch squares. Got about a third of the quilt-top done and then quit. Put it all in a decorative basket, and there it stayed, looking cute, for about 20 years, when I decided to pass it along to someone who might finish my "unfinished symphony!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peeking at your blog a bit, I'd say if we were neighbors, I'd be glad to do some quilting for you in exchange for some of your cooking ! Made me hungry !

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by !