*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, February 8, 2021

FINISHED--Dream Weaver for Ted

 I finally am able to share this quilt that I finished before Christmas.  It is the fourth in a series of quilts that I am hoping to get made for my 5 brothers.  Before now,I had gifted one to John, Jim, and Jeff (sensing a theme here....I was the next child born, and I think that my name should have been JOY !)  Anyway, next on the list was my little brother, Ted, who turns 61 on February 24th of this year.  

He came by my house on Sunday, after me calling him to tell him that I had a quilt ready for him, but that I didn't trust putting it in the care of USPS at this time.  


His quilt is called Dream Weaver, and I drafted it up after seeing  a three-fabric quilt of this design on Fabric Cafe's YouTube channel.  I hoarded these batiks for months, thinking that I was going to make myself a quilt from them.  But eventually, I did give it up to him.



Each of these quilts so far have been about the size to fit on top of a twin-sized bed, and actually meant for napping in the recliner or on the couch.  

 I teased him that, with this backing fabric, he could throw the quilt into the bed of his work truck, let it get stained with grease, and no one would ever know the difference !   I surely hope he DOESN'T try that, though ! 

My friend finds this fabric atrocious, but I actually think that it's quite beautiful.  I guess it appeals to my quirky side.

And Marley just says that all of these quilts are just second-hand anyway, because SHE OWNED THEM FIRST !


3 comments:

  1. You have been so busy! I'm just now (February 9) finishing my Christmas cards...yes, life was out of control for the past 3 months with a grandson who will be here on February 14.
    I think this quilt has to be one of my favorites...makes me think I should make one for my brother.
    Glad to see you posting again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan. I always look forward to your 'visits'. Congrats on the coming grandbaby ! I need a baby in my life ! And a man ! But let's not go there !

      Delete
  2. Dolly your quilt is beautiful and I know your brothers are all going to treasure their quilts. Are you the only girl in your family? As for the size, that is one of my favorite sizes to make, just because they are so nice for getting cozy in your chair at night and the nice length is great for tall people. I always had to make Steve's throws a little bit longer so that they would cuddle under his chin and still cover his feet.
    Your brother-in-law was so sweet to send you that card. I know how much you miss your James. It seems like everything is (date) coming up this time of the year for me, Valentine's day, Steve's birthday, then the date that he went to be with the Lord followed my our wedding anniversary. I'll be glad when I get through them, or when they start to bring happy memories to my heart instead of lonely empty space. This is the hardest thing that I have ever had to walk through and I know it is for you too, but God . . . "But GOD!" He is with us all the way . . . He is our Comforter, our Fortress, our Guide, and our Savior. He love us, Hallelujah!
    God bless you sweet friend.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !