*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Quilt-top finish "Making My Point"

 Just dropping in for a minute to document the finishing of my latest quilt top, "Making My Point". 

 This started out to be a  medium-sized lap quilt, with plus blocks in scraps with all neutral backgrounds.  First change made was the addition of the snowball corners in just a few places.  Then, after liking the looks of that, I decided that the quilt would grow quite a bit with minimal effort if I set that part on-point.  Of course, that was after falling in love with the compass/globe-view fabric at Walmart.  

 After placing that on the design wall, I thought that the corners looked too empty, so I dug out 3 orphan 'cross' blocks that I had which I thought fit the color scheme fairly well.  Just had to make one more !

Rather than piece them into the corners, I decided to applique them into place, and I made up a few small blocks to fill in some more space. 

Finishing with a square quilt kept bothering me when I knew that I had just enough leftover navy to make it atleast big enough to cover the top of a twin-sized bed.  So I divided what I had into fourths, pieced top and bottom border strips, and added them to make what I hope is the final finish of this top.

 


Now onto the search for a backing solution !!!!!!!!!! 

**********************************************************************

Thread-basting in my living room on my old 1 x 2 frame pieces and legs.
Finished with a 62"wide piece of fabric and a solid teal from my stash.

 Just big enough for him to take on deployments.



3 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful quilt top. Your creative ideas really made it look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so creative. A unique quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !