*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Keep your eyes open this week.......

.........ever watchful for the BEST gifts !

We found them 'round here !

Over the last few days, two of the most wonderful gifts were opened............HEARTS--full of love, and  MOUTHS -- full of laughter.

This Christmas, I have truly felt the closeness of family that I have so long missed .........not only that first, excited, reunited love, but the deeper, 'there every day, a real part of my life now' love.

I could not know this kind of happiness without first acknowledging the most important fact........my heavenly father loves ME.........I have done not one thing to deserve it, but am reminded daily of what a deep and abiding and unforgetting love it is.  I could never earn it, but knowing about HIS love and accepting it, I have a desire and a responsibility to live in a certain way and to share that love with those around me.

For all of my friends who read this and my family who checks in here too..........I have a need for you to know that I love you, more than you will ever know........your presence in my life is the second greatest present I could ever, ever, EVER ask for.  The best thing I can wish for you this Christmas is to be as blessed as I am........and you are.  If you don't feel it, or can see no sign of it......find out why.  Seek God's presence in your life and the first, most precious gift that HE gave YOU, the one that we're celebrating this weekend.    Please......claim it and know peace and joy no matter what else is going on in your life.

Then, you too will have a
MERRY CHRISTMAS

and the happiest of new years !

5 comments:

  1. May the Lord bless you and your family, Dolly! Merry Christmas! Love, pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas Dolly! So glad I "met" you this year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful note about these precious gifts :)
    I love the family photo! Merry Christmas Eve!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry christmas to you guys
    luv ya
    jodie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !