*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, December 31, 2010

Setting the tone.....

Years ago I heard it said that whoever you kissed at midnight on New Year's Eve was who you would be kissing all throughout the next year.  Well, hubby and I did it right, marrying on New Year's Eve, just to make sure it was a LIFETIME committment.   I don't regret that decision, so tonight I'm setting up 2011 in a different way.  

Some rows are pieced and some aren't.......that's why they don't match up.  whaddya think? I can't sew?  LOL !
I'm piecing a little quilt top tonight, to ensure that I get to spend lots of time quilting in the new year ! 

I am so very thankful to my LORD and Saviour for another year of freedom, good health, hubby's companionship, family and friends.
Here's wishing each of you loads of blessings in the coming year, and lots of time to sew and quilt, too !

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary and may the next year be blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly what a fantastic way to bring in the new year! I wanted to comment on your previous post, your 2010 accomplishments were inspiring! Of course you can save my mosaic to your computer, I can't wait to see what 2011 brings, I'm so glad I've gotten to "meet" you this past year!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet that you were married on New Year's Eve. I do love your idea of quilting in the new year to make sure that is a constant thru the coming year. Wish I had read this earlier!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary! WOW I guess I forgot. How many years? Love the quilting review of 2010. SO MANY beautiful works of art (and love). Happy Quilting in 2011! Love ya & Miss you. Today would have been a great quilt together day if you were near - But seeing you in blog land is a good alternative since you are far.
    All the best to you all for 2011!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !