*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, July 9, 2020

A small quilt top

Not a lot to report, but I am sewing a bit.  I dug into my stash of charm squares, mixed several lots to get a good mix of light and medium prints, and came up with this top that measures 52 inches square.

 I made a back for it today, and, to me, it is TOTALLY unrelated to the front.  But it was the best that I could do with limited choices here at home and in this town.  Atleast there IS quite a bit of PINK in the quilt top.  
 The dark print is a pretty, rich, dark pink, althought it is reading as red here. Using my one-by-twos and clamps, as usual,  I thread-basted the quilt this afternoon, in my living room.

  Somehow I'm finding myself still in this 'retro' mode, enjoying the use of polyester battings again.  I think that my mind has chosen to forget what it's like to find one of these polyester-batted quilts BEARDING, with lots of nice little fuzzies protruding ever so meekly from the surface of the quilt.  If that annoying tendency rears it's ugly head, I'm sure that I will go RUNNING back to my cotton batts !  But I'm loving the lightweight feel of these for Summer. 

  I think that I'm going to hand-quilt this one, but haven't decided yet if I will use the Q-Snap floor frame.  

A couple of things to share just to catch up this blog.  

 Here is a baby-sized quilt that I made several months ago......not sure if I shared it then or not.  It's made from a charm pack called "Airmail", I think.

  Last week....


...I made this back for the comfort quilt that my friend is making for herself, for some treatments that she may be undergoing soon.
There's a cross, made from blue pinwheels, in the center.

Below is the front of the quilt, in progress at the time of this photo.



And, one other note, I stopped taking my blood-pressure medication on Monday June 29, 2020.  No problems.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Dolly. It was delightful seeing all of your handy work. You sure have been staying busy. I especially like the baby quilt. I too am a fan of hand quilting, they just turn out much softer than machine quilting and it gives me something to do in the evening. If I try watching TV without a project I just fall asleep, LOL.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !