*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, November 22, 2021

3D PopStars quilt FINISHED

Thanksgiving fun, Ted, me, Jim, and John



 I finished quilting, binding AND labeling the 3D PopStars quilt last week and am just getting around to posting it.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out.

I used a free pattern from FatQuarterShop, as I explained in a previous post, using 12 fat quarters collected from various sources.  The tan background fabric and the dark brown shadow and border/binding, are all fabrics from Walmart's wall of one-yard prepackaged cuts.  

I chose to add the one-inch dark inner border
to highlight the shadowing color, and then made a finished (close to) 1-inch binding, enclosing the pieced border that was made in the same fabrics as the stars.  I really like the framing effect that it gives.


I hand-quilted in a big stitch around each star, alternating between a tan and a reddish brown thread, and then did the remainder of the quilting, with the tan thread, by machine on the Jazz 2.

EDIT:  You know what, I was mistaken !  I forgot until seeing the above photo, that I had also handquilted around and in the borders with bigstitch as well !

 

The quilt finished with a measurement of around 52 x 70 inches.  80/20 cotton/poly batting by Fairfield/Polyfil, ordered online from Walmart.com.  I'm thinking of looking for a bit loftier cottony batting.  This just seems too thin lately. 

***********************

Months ago I bought a quilt kit from Fabric.com, from one of their half-off Fabric Friday sales, while I was waiting to receive my Jazz 2 machine.  Well, I wound up piecing it as a trial for my new JukiTL-2010Q, which performed beautifully. 


After finishing, I realized that I wasn't crazy about the farm/animal theme of the fabrics, although I loved the soft mood of the coloring.  So I offered it for sale on Facebook for basically what I paid for the kit.  No charge for the work.  And it sold right away-----turns out the lady that bought it is having it quilted as a surprise for her daughter who wants to be a veterinarian !  So perfect !

************************* Yesterday my brother John and his wife, Deb, hosted a family Thanksgiving at their house for our side of the family.  All five whole siblings were there, praise God, but sadly my half-brother Richard wasn't present......I keep hoping !!!!!!!!  Anyway, we all brought something, and there was a ton of food, and talk, and laughter, and the kids and grandkids playing outside in the rain !  I'll share a couple of pictures , but hoping my daughter sends me more.  

My niece, Ruhama and her husband, Rex

 
My brother, Jim, and his love, Lisa
**********************************

And finally,  I got out the many mini-jellyrolls that I bought on clearance, for a dollar apiece, last January, and did a bit of string-piecing, and several borders, to wind up with this.  Now to get IT quilted ~!~ (Maybe.......after resting abit from SO MANY BORDERS, I may wind up adding MORE......I still have a bag full,.....6 more jellyrolls !

Currently only 50 inches square..........should I keep going?????


1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by !