*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, November 4, 2021

Little FINISH in time for Christmas -- Trees......."O Holy Night"

 

Well, mark it up to old(er) age.......another finish snuck by me.  I had intended to hand-quilt this little one, but no design came to me, so I just machine-stitched diagonal lines an inch apart AFTER quilting in the ditch around the trees and the checkered ledges they're growing from !  
I used the Jazz 2 machine, and an open-toe foot that is intended for applique or satin-stitch.  I prefer it for quilting because of the great visibility that it gives to me. 

 

I did have a bit of fun using a decorative stitch (from Jazzy) for a garland on the lower third of each tree. And then I remembered that my Melody BabyLock machine had an alphabet !  So I made up a label, including a little bit of a pine cone type of design (blacked out a bit of info for privacy sake online).

Now, DON'T laugh........but I MIGHT HAVE bought another new sewing machine last month!!!!!!! 

I've been enamored of the Juki TL2010Q that I see being used on so many quilt videos, and of course, I wanted to do my part in stimulating the economy once more, right???????  I ordered it on October 20, and received it a week later, from Quality Sewing and Vacuum.  

That's 4 machines set up in the room NOW, and my poor little Featherweight is crying "foul !  Find me a shelf OR SOMETHING !"

I saved a quilt kit that I had purchased in a half-off sale from Fabric.com, and let it be my first real test of this Juki machine.  I finished the quilt-top today,

although I'm having a bit of a time finding the sweet spot when it comes to the exact size of 1/4th inch seam that I need;  after cutting EVERYTHING to an exact size, it was really difficult to make it fit if the seam allowance was off just a bit.   The foot is supposed to be an exact 'scant' quarter, but I have trouble just following the side of a foot.  So I used screw-on guides, but one position would be too skinny (right against the side of the foot), and then when I'd adjust it, it would be too fat !!!!!!!!!

But I really like the Juki machine.  I've become a bit spoiled by the foot-controlled thread cutter, and the knee-lift.  The speed control is a nice feature too, although I'll probably only use that button when I get brave enough to try free-motion quilting on that machine.  I've been so disappointed with not being able to get the Jazz 2's tension where I need it while doing FMQ that I think I'm just too afraid that I'll be disappointed AGAIN.  I'll let you know IF and WHEN I get over that.

I did have a bit of a scare yesterday, though....... (listen to me.....A BIT...girls, I WAS FREAKING OUT !!!!!!!!!)  I wound a bobbin, then did a bit of cleaning in the bobbin area, and somehow, when I pressed the needle-down button to bring up the bobbin thread, my needle went THROUGH the bobbin case somewhere, and the whole movement was stuck.  Lovely people on Facebook talked me through the solution, but I'm not sure that I don't hear a different little click that I didn't have before.  BUT, she's sewing beautifully, so I'll keep my self still for now.  But you know that feeling when you're not sure what you did wrong, and you're leery of every next move/seam/stitch?????????  Oh, me !  

Breathe.........all is well, and I AM BLESSED.  I PRAYED FOR HELP AND RECEIVED IT......PRAISE GOD/END OF STORY !

So, I think that's all the news I'll share today.  Hope to be back soon ! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !