*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Watch your sugar count......

......cuz, here comes sweet OVERLOAD !

Here's a photo showing how I solved the problem of not being able to quilt all the way to the edge........I went around 3/4 of an inch from the edge, all the way around the quilt.  Then I straight-line quilted it.  I tried some meandering, but the tension on the other side made the thread just lie there........it looked awful, so I took it out.



I actually looked up an old ruffler that I remembered having,
 that fits my old Singer machine, and used it to make my ruffle. 
 I had some awkward moments with it, but all in all, I was quite satisfied. 





I then cut the corners of the quilt off round,
 by using my pin container's lid and  my rotary cutter.




Next, sewing through only the batting and the top one side,
I applied the ruffle with a quarter-inch seam, splicing the ends of the ruffle
 together as I finished.  I flipped the ruffle to the outside,
 turned under the seam allowance along the outside edge of the quilt,
 and carefully sewed it down by machine.
And, VOILA !
This is why I referred to the "backing" yesterday
in quotation marks.........
because I knew then that
I was actually trying to make
a truly reversible quilt this time !
You likey?


I am just over the top IN-SANE
 about it !
I confess that I meant to be making it for Autumn
Taylor, but am rationalizing keeping it
HERE,
for all the baby girls that pass
through my house.  That's legit, right?

Shame on me !



3 comments:

  1. i love that you sew on that gorgeous old machine. i got one at a flea market but have not figures out how to use it

    ReplyDelete
  2. I likey!! That is just darling, and I love green, so I just love the colors you used too. Awesome machine, by the way, also.:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !