*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, June 29, 2012

Something quilty.........finally !

My camera was not working during the months that I didn't have internet access, but I did get a couple of quilt-tops pieced for my friend, JoAnn.

The first one was this red and white Ohio Star top.  As you can see, I worked the border in by adding pieced blocks of a different design.  I drafted these up in EQ4 today since I have no photographs, and I'm not sure how many blocks wide/long I made it, but as I recall, the top finished around 81 x 99 inches.

The second one was a blue and white quilt based on a block called the Lawyer's block.  Yes, it is another use of the traditional Delectable Mountains block, putting four together to make the Lawyer's block.  I went another step farther and put FOUR of those blocks together, 9 times, with a wide sashing and border.  This one finished around 88 x 88 inches.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, your friend is blessed to have you piece & quilt for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are talented; thanks for sharing the pretty quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !