Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Wednesday, June 18, 2014

The prizes are for REAL !

It's been a LONG, nearly 3 weeks, ESPECIALLY considering all the 'poor, pitiful, foolish woman' looks that I've received from my husband during that time, but my Melody BabyLock sewing machine that I won from Amy's Bloggers Quilt Festival arrived yesterday !

I was getting ready to go and work at the church like I do each Tuesday afternoon, and I looked outside to find that a truck had just stopped at my house and left a big cardboard box on my front bench !

  I could tell from the labeling what it was,........and while grinning at my husband from ear to ear, I rushed around the house, trying to keep my mind on the afternoon's work ahead.   I went off to the church and told everyone who would give me time and their ear,.....all the time thinking of how much fun I was going to have when I got home to 'play' !

Well, I was tired when I did get home, but I got the box opened this morning and spent about 4 hours just learning the basics and playing around with the features.

  She's a beaut !




I don't see myself using her for piecing, as I never even got around to making a quarter-inch seam, but you never know !  But I did find that she has a beautiful serpentine stitch that I can't wait to use to quilt something, a wonderful,what I used to call, 'buttonhole stitch' for applique, and she came with a walking foot and extension table.  And the 3 alphabets are fun, too.

Soapbox speech welling up I always get my back up when I hear people talk about how 'lucky' they were, so I'm going to squash that little expression right here...........God blessed me with winning a new machine at a point in my life where I figure I'll never again consider that a necessary or wise expenditure.  And I think that's just GRAND........and maybe even GLORIOUS !
 Yes, .......praise and glory to God, my father, my provider, my JOY !

2 comments:

  1. So happy for you and what fun you will have.
    I know I would not buy that this late in my life ,so God is good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled for you! And you are right, this was a blessing from God. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !