*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Back from Internet Hiatus.......again !

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but for some reason, I can only see my typing text when I click on the HTML button. I know I've been away for a while, and I did feel that I had misplaced my 'blogging mojo', but this is an unexpected quandry ! Anyway, I have been busy during my hiatus.
I pieced and quilted a large couch-sized quilt for my 81 year-old sister-in-law. Her favorite color is yellow, and she has been a lifetime crafter, so I wanted to really tailor this quilt to her likes. I took the time to hand-quilt it, which was really an unusual occurence for me these days, but I'm glad that I could do that for her. I sent the quilt to her last week, and she is very tickled with her surprise. I don't have any photographs to share of the work that I've done for my best gal-pal, Jodie Ann. I pieced 2 quilt tops for her, and am about to undertake the assembly of her daughter's 'state flowers' hand-embroidered blocks, after which I hope to do the hand-quilting also. Also, back in the month of October, my daughter blessed me by driving out here to bring my grandchildren for a visit after a long absence of 2 1/2 years ! It was a short visit, but PRICELESS ! How I love that girl of mine and her babies......hubby too, although I didn't get to see him. Well, I've previewed this post, and although I divided it into paragraphs, blogger chose to run it all together ! So, I apologize, but I'M BACK.......kindof ! Thanks for all the comments I found waiting for me when I came back !

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back, and the yellow quilt is lovely I really like the hand quilting you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Great to see your work! Wow! That is a lot of hand quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !