Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Thursday, January 29, 2015

Halfway there !

I'm pretty much halfway finished on the commission I'm working on........the embroidered quilt top's sashing/stars !   It is a TEDIOUS undertaking, but done in increments, it is manageable.

I am doing the stitch and flip method for making the triangles at the end of each yellow sash, stitching diagonally across 1 1/2 inch squares on each corner and then flipping and trimming.  I sew enough sashes for one row at a time, including the sashing strip that joins rows as well as the sashes that join the blocks.

There is A LOT of pinning involved, but I am pleased with the appearance thus far.

This morning I took a bit of a break to make a diaper-changing pad for a sister in Christ.

 This is the quilt I made for her last year,
if you remember, and today was her due date to deliver her baby daughter, Abigale Marie Hope.  I used the same roll of strips that I used when making the quilt.......solids from Connecting Threads.

Working on the project gave me the perfect opportunity to pray for her during her scheduled C-section.

I can hardly wait to hear more details about the baby and her arrival, but we, her friends, are celebrating Krista's victory, and praising God for his faithfulness.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful sashing! Love the yellow.
    You have such a sweet heart for thinking of others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this pattern you used are made up your self. I may use it. I have a great grand to make a quilt for.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !