I'm pretty much halfway finished on the commission I'm working on........the embroidered quilt top's sashing/stars ! It is a TEDIOUS undertaking, but done in increments, it is manageable.
I am doing the stitch and flip method for making the triangles at the end of each yellow sash, stitching diagonally across 1 1/2 inch squares on each corner and then flipping and trimming. I sew enough sashes for one row at a time, including the sashing strip that joins rows as well as the sashes that join the blocks.
There is A LOT of pinning involved, but I am pleased with the appearance thus far.
This morning I took a bit of a break to make a diaper-changing pad for a sister in Christ.
This is the quilt I made for her last year,
Working on the project gave me the perfect opportunity to pray for her during her scheduled C-section.
I can hardly wait to hear more details about the baby and her arrival, but we, her friends, are celebrating Krista's victory, and praising God for his faithfulness.