Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring is ALMOST here !

I started this most beautiful, sunny day by finally washing my car, and vacuuming the carpets inside of it.  So thankful to be able to drive again these nearly-6 years  now, and having a good-running vehicle that is dependable.

I followed up that work with some raking of flowerbeds; lots of new growth was hiding beneath the leafy mulch.  The first of the Buttercups (Jonquils) are blooming,

 the Lilac bushes have buds, Seven Steps to Heaven has sprouted EVERYWHERE , and my Phlox have started.

I may have decided on some fabric to put together for a backing for one of the quilt tops that I pieced over the Winter, so that on another beautiful day like today was, I will be able to baste underneath the carport.  The wind did try to get up a bit today, and that is not a fun addition to a basting day outside !  I will watch for a warm morning that will allow atleast 3 hours for me to do the basting at a comfortable pace all by myself.....not a job that I cherish, but a necessary task.


4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to find a photo of Seven Steps to Heaven, I'm a northern gal and don't know what it is...but love the name! I am going out today to search for some signs of spring. Surely there are some here other than the lack of snow and the desire to drive a clean car?

    Happy basting!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what Seven Steps to Heaven looks like myself so I am going to look it up. I can make out a face on the tree. We have a patch of yellow blooms to, they are a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Dolly, Looks like spring has come to stay at your place.....not quite here yet. 30 degrees is a mite chilly. I haven't been blogging for a while and picked today to get a little caught up. I've been browsing dvds of My Three Sons for season two. I enjoy those so much. William Frawley had two great hits in tv....this one and Lucy. I never even liked him really.....not being at all handsome...haha. But he's perfect in My Three Sons. Have a super-nice day...if you can. Maggie Ann =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is such a welcoming time; how I love the return of longer, warmer days! Daffodils are such a happy flower, I am certainly enjoying them here too! Enjoy your week~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !