*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, March 16, 2015

Spring is ALMOST here !

I started this most beautiful, sunny day by finally washing my car, and vacuuming the carpets inside of it.  So thankful to be able to drive again these nearly-6 years  now, and having a good-running vehicle that is dependable.

I followed up that work with some raking of flowerbeds; lots of new growth was hiding beneath the leafy mulch.  The first of the Buttercups (Jonquils) are blooming,

 the Lilac bushes have buds, Seven Steps to Heaven has sprouted EVERYWHERE , and my Phlox have started.

I may have decided on some fabric to put together for a backing for one of the quilt tops that I pieced over the Winter, so that on another beautiful day like today was, I will be able to baste underneath the carport.  The wind did try to get up a bit today, and that is not a fun addition to a basting day outside !  I will watch for a warm morning that will allow atleast 3 hours for me to do the basting at a comfortable pace all by myself.....not a job that I cherish, but a necessary task.


4 comments:

  1. I'm trying to find a photo of Seven Steps to Heaven, I'm a northern gal and don't know what it is...but love the name! I am going out today to search for some signs of spring. Surely there are some here other than the lack of snow and the desire to drive a clean car?

    Happy basting!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what Seven Steps to Heaven looks like myself so I am going to look it up. I can make out a face on the tree. We have a patch of yellow blooms to, they are a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Dolly, Looks like spring has come to stay at your place.....not quite here yet. 30 degrees is a mite chilly. I haven't been blogging for a while and picked today to get a little caught up. I've been browsing dvds of My Three Sons for season two. I enjoy those so much. William Frawley had two great hits in tv....this one and Lucy. I never even liked him really.....not being at all handsome...haha. But he's perfect in My Three Sons. Have a super-nice day...if you can. Maggie Ann =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring is such a welcoming time; how I love the return of longer, warmer days! Daffodils are such a happy flower, I am certainly enjoying them here too! Enjoy your week~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !