Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Thursday, April 16, 2015

Marking Time, a finished quilt

I just finished the binding on this quilt today.

It is called
                    "Marking Time"

This quilt was made for the grandson of a friend of mine.  He is currently imprisoned and can't receive the quilt, but I am praying for God's mercy in bringing about his release.

The quilt finished around 59 inches by 82 inches.

  It is backed in his favorite color, green.  I didn't have enough of one fabric, so I used a darker green to frame a lighter green, and I really like the effect.

I machine-quilted this one using my walking foot for the interior of the quilt, stitching in the ditch mostly.  Then I meander-free-motion-quilted the outer border.

Lottie-dah gives her approval.






I was inspired by this photo from a quilt in the Civil War Sewing Circle book.


2 comments:

  1. Such a sweet heart to make such a beautiful quilt! Knowing everything, even going behind bars, is an invitation to trust Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really a striking great looking quilt. I like the pattern and the colors of it. The back really looks good. Good job.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !