Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Saturday, July 25, 2015

First of 2 star tops finished

JoAnn has asked me to piece two of these star tops, and I finished the first one this week.  She sends me the fabric and pattern, and I piece them and send them back to her.  This one arrived at her house today according to the tracking updates.

This is Hero's Tribute, by Liz Porter, for Love of Quilting magazine.

I must wait on more background fabric before piecing the second one.  Plus, she is sending Jennifer's embroidered state flowers quilt back out to me to be hand-quilted.  MaryEllen basted it for me on her longarm quilting machine, I think.

And, I have been told that my niece is expecting her third child, a boy, after having had 2 girls, so I'm trying to decide what I want to make for her.

My Crape Myrtle bushes are really showing the results of the Miracle Grow spikes that my husband insisted on using this year.

I had fun with this shot of the driveway flowers, taken from inside the double Rose of Sharon bush.

I really like this Coleus that I put out into the shade garden to grow among the new Hostas.  This Hosta on the left that is doing so well is called "Fragrant Dream".

2 comments:

  1. It is a wonderful quilt. The design is so great and has such a happy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt top is spectacular! I love those colorful stars bursting in air! And your coleus is a beauty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !