*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, July 27, 2015

Goodbye to Piper Jean

Last night
My little granddoggy, Piper Jean, passed away this morning, after fighting hard for a week to hold on.  My heart is so sad, and her papa will just be lost without her.
Fall of 2014

She was 13 1/2 years old (we think), and smaller than our cat.......half poodle/half long-haired chihuahua.  Just the sweetest baby ever.
September 2014

We will miss her terribly, and at our ages, we probably will not have another dog.  Kitty, Lottie-dah is already wondering where she is.

Oh, the indignities our pets suffer !  She was such a gentle soul.
God heard my prayer to let her last til morning,
so that we could be beside her when she passed,
and not wake up to find her gone.

Rest in peace, sweet papa's baby 



9 comments:

  1. I am so heartbroken for you. We are taking care of our very old toy poodle knowing that we won't have him much longer. Your little puppy was the luckiest dog in the world to have you two loving and caring for Piper every day of her life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your heartfelt sympathies, Larry, Hubby and myself both appreciate them so much.

      Delete
  2. So Sad. We have a Chihuahua that loves my hubby better then anything. I can see where your husband will be lost.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, just as with our daughter, I had to be the 'bad guy', giving baths, medicines, taking to vet, swatting the bottom for wandering off in the neighborhood, so she was definitely Papa's girl.....until it thundered ! Then she wanted Nanna. Oh, we get so attached, don't we?

      Delete
  3. Oh Dolly, I'm so sorry to hear about Piper. It sounds like she was so loved (and she knew it), and loved in return. I lost my best friend/therapist/protector, My Mastiff, Linda Lou, on Easter Sunday...I really miss her being here with me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I'm so sorry! It's terribly hard to loose a pet...I don't do well with it! You have many lovely memories and you loved each other...it doesn't get any better than that! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry for your sad loss.....what a big blessing your sweet pet must have been.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry, the loss of a much loved pet is very hard. God's sweet comfort is covering you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am new to your website but I LOVE it already. I’m so very sorry for your loss (Piper) and very sad to know that our loving pets and us get so attached to each other and when they leave us it’s like losing a “human family” member! May she rest in peace! I have lost some of my pets through the years and it’s difficult to let go. I know she’ll always be in your heart and although she’ll be missed you’ll always remember her with wonderful memories of all those times she brought you joy. A prayer that will always bring comfort: Let Go and Let God! God Bless . Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !