Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Tweaking Tradition

Rummaging through my 'pieces' shoeboxes last week, I came across a bunch of 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch rectangles that were leftover from a several-years-ago project.

I sewed most of them to some 2 1/2 inch green solid squares that I also found, and then started playing with them on my design wall (after drawing a possible layout on my graph pad).

Naturally, my eventual layout involved un-stitching many of the sets to change up the colors that I needed.  But when I was done with the center, yesterday morning, I was left with a very traditional-looking piece.

I didn't like it.

So, searching for something to WAKE IT UP, I came across fabrics that I liked, but they were only 1/2 yard pieces.  So, I put several of them together and came up with something that I can live with.

So, here it is.  It now measures 48 x 52 inches, a good size for a baby quilt or a lap quilt for a wheelchair-bound person.
It doesn't photograph well.  But, in person, I really like it.  It has an energy to it.  I may just use it as a take-along/hand-quilting project for my husband's chemo sessions.  Then again, they don't provide ME with a recliner, or even a comfy chair, just a straight-backed bedside chair, so I'm not sure how well I could spend hours in one position doing handwork.

But, for now, the next thing on the agenda..........coming up with a backing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear your husband has to go through chemo. May the Lord give strength to both of you. Your quilt is going to be enjoyed very much by someone. =) love color...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !