Rummaging through my 'pieces' shoeboxes last week, I came across a bunch of 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 inch rectangles that were leftover from a several-years-ago project.
I sewed most of them to some 2 1/2 inch green solid squares that I also found, and then started playing with them on my design wall (after drawing a possible layout on my graph pad).
Naturally, my eventual layout involved un-stitching many of the sets to change up the colors that I needed. But when I was done with the center, yesterday morning, I was left with a very traditional-looking piece.
I didn't like it.
So, here it is. It now measures 48 x 52 inches, a good size for a baby quilt or a lap quilt for a wheelchair-bound person.
But, for now, the next thing on the agenda..........coming up with a backing.