*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, October 6, 2017

Praise and Glory to God !

Today I received my phone call from the Social Security Office setting up my survivor/widow's benefits.  I turn 60 next month and will become elible.  Of course, there is a percentage loss for taking it earlier than full retirement age, but I feel that this is the safer thing to do.

 The job that I am working is very labor intensive for someone of my age and weight, and I don't know how long I can keep it up.  For now, I will just play it by ear, and I may look into getting fewer hours assigned to me in the coming year, but would want to be assured that I would still be working the same position that I am now. 

Anyway, it feels good to have this taken care of.  I wasn't sure that I would also be eligle for Medicare when I turn 65, but the young man assured me that I am. 

I haven't gotten to do anymore quilting, except for making myself another potholder to carry with me for warming my dinners in the microwave at work.

Today is a beautiful, typical Fall day, and it is my day off, so I hope to clear some things out of that shed, and perhaps do a bit more 'clorox cleaning'. 

So, TA-TA for now............(where in the world did THAT come from?)

3 comments:

  1. Dolly! I always smile when I see that you have posted. It's so good to see you here.
    I am so happy to see that you will get social security. I wasn't sure how old you were, you sure don't look 60!
    I was so thankful, when Mark died, that the people at the social security office were so helpful, patient and kind. My head was spinning, especially since he was so young and it was so unexpected (he was 53 and had a heart attack), I didn't have time to think!
    Hopefully, you will be able to wittle down your work hours gradually until you find what works for you, both physically and financially.
    Come back soon...y'hear?
    God bless,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing how God is caring for your needs. It is an encouragement to me to hear how He is answering your prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dolly, is your cat in the header Simamese? (sorry about the spelling) It is gorgeous! You young thing...just turning 60! I will be 70 in Jan. I"m glad for you to get S.S. hope it will be all you need and more. My health is not so good right now, but sometimes its better off and on. I'm knitting and somehow made a huge mistake wh ich when I tried to fix made it look even more awlful! Such is life. Hope you have a restful Lord's Day. Ta! (I think thats from the british folks)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !