*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, October 16, 2017

Thoughts to ponder

I'd like to share this morning's devotional reading from the little publication, Beside the Still Waters.

"Cancer, that dreaded word!  It is an incurable disease today as leprosy was in Naaman's day.  Much research is done to understand the cause and find a cure.  Sin is much like physical cancer.  It slowly but certainly eats away at the soul of man.  But human reasoning goes to great lengths to classify sin as simply the result of our weakness or our environment.  God sees everything, but sometimes cancer escapes the most skilled surgeon's eyes.  In fact, cancer may remain hidden until nothing can be done about it.

Cancer cannot be cured, though treatment can cause it to go into remission.  In contrast, sin that is properly dealt with by the blood of Jesus, can be completely cured.  Once cancer starts, it often takes the victim's life.  Likewise, if we continue in sinful  habits, they will lead to spiritual death.  As cancer causes its victim to lose his natural appetite, so sin robs us of our appetite for God and His Word.

Cancer will cause people to suffer things they never imagined before.  Sin will also bring unimagineable bondage and suffering.  Though sin eats silently like cancer, God always has a remedy for it.  The remedy is to repent and find healing through the blood of Jesus.  For cancer victims to be in remission is a cause of joy.  Being healed from sin is reason to be very glad as Naaman was after his leprosy was gone.

Patients are generally careful to follow a physician's advice for treating cancer.  But many people are unwilling to do what Christ requires to be healed from sin.  May we be among those to whom He says, "Thy faith hath made thee whole; go in peace, and be whole of thy plague" (Mark 5:34)"

3 comments:

  1. We used to get that publication ... great thoughts, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dolly, that says so much...how we need to hang onto God's every word! There is so much truth in this devotional that I hadn't quite ever thought of like that. Thanks for sharing. and...I LOVE your header picture....sweet...sweet...sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello , you were the next blog along from mine..and I was touched by your writing , my heart goes out to you . Sigh..kidney cancer me..bog op and post traumatic stress disorder..but doing o.k . Since the Lord brought me here ,and you have been brave enough to talk about your sad times , you will be in my thoughts and prayers this week . I love your beautiful quilts, stay strong and be as happy as you can be ! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !