*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Friday, November 17, 2017

Checking back in......

........as seldom as I post lately, this may be the last post that I make while I'm still in my FIFTIES !

For the first time since I started working, I have three days off in a row !   Next week, I have to work 6 days straight, mostly until 11 p.m.!  Then, the next day, on Sunday, the 26th, I (LORD willing) will 

turn SIXTY !!!

60 !

So, to celebrate this 3-day wonder, I drove all by myself to Columbia, treated myself to lunch at Long John Silver's, and then spent the afternoon doing some me-shopping

 and some Christmas shopping--only to find out that Kelley and the kids probably won't be heading this way for Christmas after all.

But I thoroughly enjoyed my day, and was more worn out at the conclusion of shopping than I am after a full day of work sometimes.

So, just incase I don't post again before Thursday, I'm hoping that you all enjoy YOUR time with family this coming week of THANKSGIVING.  If things get stressful, just remember that the flip side of that is very quiet and lonely.  Love the ones you're blessed to be with, and I'll try to do the same.  After all, I've found quite a sweet and fun bunch of people to spend my working days with too !
HAPPY THANKSGIVING !

(especially you, Jan !)

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday, Dolly! I will be sixty on December 6! I just wanted you to know that you inspire me! Such a testimony of the faithfulness of God is exhibited in the bit of your life you share with us! I pray Hi richest. Lessings for the days to come!

    In Him,

    Doniene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness Dolly! It is sooooo good to see you again. As usual, I thought I'd have to send out the quilt patrol to see if you had wandered off.

    Sixty! Oh my goodness! I recall turning 60 all those (6) years ago. It was both the saddest and the most exciting year of my life. I pray that yours is special as well!

    God bless you, sweet woman.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !