*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, July 12, 2018

"Tracking East"

This is my latest quilt-top.  I got the idea from a quilt that I saw on Moda's Bake Shop, I think.  I'm not sure because I see these things that I want to make, but that I do not need a pattern to figure out,  and I save the photo, but not always the details.

 I did not make it to sell, though that COULD happen eventually as I have so many quilts at this point.  Their quilt was titled, "Jane's Ladder".  I have just found it here, offered as a free pdf pattern, so if you like it, go wild !

I pulled all of the limey/medium greens that I could find, and eventually had to throw in a few that weren't exactly what I wanted, but that worked anyway.  For the other 4 colorways, I used mostly "good neighbor" prints from Connecting Threads, plus other fabrics that I thought would continue the look.  The background fabric is a text fabric, also from Connecting Threads.

They are 8-inch finished blocks, set 7 blocks by 9 blocks, so it currently measures approximately 56 inches by 72 inches.  I have no plans for adding borders, as this is my favorite size to make currently.....a large nap quilt/twin bed topper.
under construction
It was a pleasant way to pass the hours while it is so very hot outside.  I DO miss working at Walmart, but don't miss being constantly worn out, and worrying about what I was going to fix to take for dinners and eat at home, too.  And now I'm told that they're phasing out all part-time positions, so it appears that the LORD gave me just what I needed, WHEN I needed it, and now that time has passed !   Praise God in His ultimate wisdom !
                                                         ****************************
My daughter and her family got moved to Tennessee (restationed with the army), and I had my first experience with driving up to see them.  I don't think I'll be doing that VERY MUCH, but it's so good to know they're so much closer to me now !

1 comment:

  1. Thats good your daughter is closer now. I'm not a traveler for sure. Like your quilt and know how! I got the quilt I made years! ago out of the closet and it looks so pretty on the bed. Its an 'Ohio Star' the stars are blue print on a white background.

    I helped my daughter make a quilt for her dorm room way back when, and then got off track making my own. Thats how Mothers are. of course. We would hang the moon for them if we could.

    Glad to hear you made a good decision about working....that must give peace. Doing any reading lately? I am reading thru 'The Cat Who'Series....once in a while I have to black out something objectionable....but do enjoy most of the books, as the cats try to solve mysteries. hope you have a pleasant day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !