*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Thursday, August 9, 2018

Prep work, Kelley's move, and Rod Stewart

I've been getting a bit of quilting done since I last posted.  One of the projects was a secret, and I haven't received word that it has been gifted, so I'd better not say more about it.  But it was a project that I had forgotten about, so it was good to be able to check it off of my 'to do' list.


Yesterday, I cleared the furniture away in my living room, and set up my basting frame for this quilt.  County Fair time sort of snuck up on me, so I don't guess I'm going to have an entry, but atleast it has motivated me to do a little bit of prep work this week.

I resurrected a batting (from my shed) that I have had in storage for

probably 20 years !  It is one of two that I bought at an estate sale back then.   They were both 'new' in the package, and I used one of them on several smaller projects many years ago.  It made the most drapeable quilt that I have ever produced, so I hoarded the second one, waiting for a very special project.  Well, time has gotten away from me, and I figure that I either use it or now, or it winds up in MY estate sale some day.  I

I bought a luscious solid fabric in coral for this backing, thinking that it will give me a nice option for flipping the quilt over and using it as a whole-cloth look sometimes.

On July 2nd, my daughter and her family moved to Clarksville as her husband has been restationed at Ft. Campbell.  It's so nice to have them so near to me after all these years of them being 12 or more hours away !
She had said that if she ever lived close to me, she would take me to see Rod Stewart live in concert.   Well, surprisingly, that opportunity presented itself on the first of August, so her husband drove down to take me up to their house for a few days.  She and I attended my first 'real' concert, and we had a WONDERFULLY MEMORABLE night !

It was great to get to spend some quality family time too, before Tim had to leave for a year in South Korea.  We played monopoly late into the evening one night, and really got to see each other's competitive side.  It was fun.

I like this photo of Tim and the kids at the airport.

Other big news..........ZOE GOT CONTACT LENSES !



3 comments:

  1. Your daughter looks like you! I'll bet it was a fun concert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two look like sisters! How sweet that she is closer to you now. I have always loved Monopoly too. And your quilts are so lovely and its fun to see what you are working on for sure. I am a lazy crafter for sure. I'm reading kind of non-stop. and loving it! I did get my other sock knitted now. Now I'm wondering if I want to make another pair or go on to something else. =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know where to start on this post...ROD STEWART!!!! We did miss him in Pittsburgh recently, but we do have tickets for Elton John in October and did get to see Bob Seger last spring. Concerts are so funny, you really can't see much (without binoculars) but it's so great to be with other fans.
    I can't believe that photo of you and your daughter, you look like twins! Two beautiful, timeless women.
    Come back again soon...you are so missed.
    God bless you, Jan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !