*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Another painting day.......and I feel GOOD !

My Centrum Silver must be hard at work ! 

We took one of the pieces of lattice that we had removed, and experimented with being able to trim one down to size with a circular saw, figuring that's what we'll have to do if we buy new 4 foot by 8 foot sheets of lattice.  I had to use the saw !   Yikes, I was fearful !   And even once I got the hang of using it a little bit, that thing spit those lattice pieces out like a machine-gun, everytime a piece was ready to come off !   I know that it probably means that we needed a saw blade with closer-together teeth, but I ran into the house and got my rubber boots on !   Thusly, armed with boots, goggles and a leather glove for my left hand, I was pretty successful completing the cut.  

Then the fun part began.......I told hubby that I wished he had taken the REAL pictures I'd like to post.   I sat on the grass, in the SHADE, praise God, and painted that old lattice piece with a 2 inch roller.  I layed it on a big sheet of plastic first, and with two coats, that worked out well.............NOT FUN, but do-able.  Then hubby painted the 4 x 4 posts while I tackled the lattice that was still attached BEHIND the back steps.  It couldn't be easily removed, but was in good condition.   I reached THROUGH the steps with the roller, painted the lattice, and then proceeded to paint the risers of the steps themselves.  Before I was finished, I actually had to lie down on the grass in front of the steps to get the lowest part of the risers !
Don't let anyone tell you that it's fun to paint latticework.


When the posts and the lattice were dry, we refastened the long lattice piece to the left side of the deck.  It looks pretty good for a redo.  Now we just need to purchase two 4 x 8 sheets, trim, paint and apply to the deck..
The white is a bit bright compared to the trailer itself, but atleast it's crisp and clean-looking.

NOW........how many of you LAUGHED when you saw that I had PAINTED my deck floor boards ?  Be honest now, it won't hurt my feelings.  I ask because, after applying 2 coats of really good exterior paint/stain, my husband scooted around in his lawn chair putting the third coat of white on the railing, and you can just guess what happened .  Yep, peeling paint everywhere he scooted ! 

Bless his heart, he can't stand for long because of the arthritis in that replaced hip, and he was a HUGE help painting those inside rails.   So.........I WON'T whup 'im !    I have retouching to do because of this white painting I did today, so I'll just give the floor a third coat of the orange........and be more careful with it.  
I really wanted to go with weather-proofing, but ..........well, I didn't.

In between painting, I got mowing done around my Irises, and down the driveway by the mailbox.  I am SO PLEASED with my driveway plantings.  The Lilacs are blooming as small as they are........this is their first Spring in the ground.  

And the Daisies are reaching tall for the sun, the Irises are starting to bloom.   The Mums are coming back behind the mailbox, along with a Hibiscus, and Bachelor Button, and some sort of yellow flower.   I am just so very blessed that God entrusted us with our very own place to care for.   


2 comments:

  1. Love the way that looks! So clean, crips and ready for some bright pots of happy plants, a chair with a soft cusion and a glass of lemonade!

    Congratulations on accomplishing so much in such a small amount of time and your flowers always make me smile!

    Enjoy the sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. porch is looking great

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !