*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Oh what a beautiful day !

FINALLY, Spring is springing !   I feared that all of the blooms were going to come and go without us getting to be outside to enjoy any of them !
I photographed them on one of our many rainy days we've had this Spring.

My Rhododendrons are GORGEOUS !   They started blooming a couple of weeks ago, and a hard freeze bit them back, but they are just glorious right now !   There are two of them in the huge pot........I wish that I had bought three to fill it out better, but maybe they'll just really grow and fill it anyway !

This was a few days ago.....I should have gotten a shot of them today.  They looked even better !

Today was a busy one.   I started the day by taking Piper and Lottie-dah to the vet for their annual rabies vaccination.  I got Lottie de-wormed, and started both of them on Comfortis, to hopefully avoid the flea problem I'm afraid this mild past winter will have produced.  Then, I had to turn around and go back to the vet's with Marmalade for her rabies vaccination also.

Once I got home, hubby was eager for me to finally apply the WIPE NEW that he had purchased over 6 months ago for the jeeps black exterior trim.  I followed that with raking twigs from the sideyard, rested awhile with a good book, and then tackled vacuuming out the interior of the jeep. 

I kept getting tired, it's been such a NON-active Winter, but I stayed with it, glad of the work and the warm, sunny day in which to do it.  Praise God !

Kelley, my daughter, has been on near-round-the-clock mommy duty, with 3 kids battling the stomach virus.  I talked to her tonight and everyone is feeling better, and she finally got some rest !   Praise God again........and again !   My sister-in-law, Jean, has been having a horrible week, in such pain that she couldn't even make it down for the funeral this past Monday, but on speaking to her yesterday, she sounded SO MUCH better, and said that she is up again.    God is so good !


2 comments:

  1. it's been such a slow start to spring, i love seeing your blossoms. it's near 70 hear today and a chance of rain. unseasonably warm for us. glad to hear that family is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! Thanks for sharing them in the recent posts! Does it all have a great springy fresh smell too? I can only imagine.

    Spring is not quite here yet...but I did see redbuds starting to bloom this weekend (I have none in my yard mind you... but can see them around town and on travels down I-35 to Dallas last weekend. It's great to see you enjoying the outdoors.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !