*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Tilling has begun !

This morning I started the day by adjusting the carburetor on my little Mantis Tiller -------YOU GO, GIRL !-------I had never done THAT before, but it was necessary, and I got 'er done, so to speak !  Praise God for my hubby's cheerleading on the sidelines !   Anyway, once I got the little machine running well, I went over all of the garden spot that I had broken up last Fall.   It's not a big space, although it's more than we ever dug up out in Oklahoma.  I may do more, but will wait to see exactly what it is I want to plant and how much space I think that I'll need.  I'm not a canner, and I don't have a lot of freezer space, so I need to be realistic about what we can use and share.  

Then this afternoon I finished weeding that flower garden that runs down the side of the driveway, the one where the Dwarf Crape Myrtles are planted.   I noticed that those shrubs have tiny budding leaves on them, and my Rose of Sharon trees are starting to leaf out too........even the 3 in 1 that I ordered from Michigan Bulb.   Of course, it's only about 9 inches tall, if that, so it'll be awhile before I see 3 different colored blooms on it.   But you know what?  The little Lilac bushes that I put out last Fall have buds on them, and they're only about 14 inches tall !

Our temperature here today may have actually reached 80 degrees !  It's very warm inside tonight, but there's a breeze coming in the windows.  I just love sleeping with the windows open at night.  We're predicted to get semi-serious storms here tomorrow, so I went to the grocery store tonight instead of to church.   There was a good crowd at church when I guiltily drove by on my way home......John is doing a good job of teaching that class.


1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear about your yard! It's rained here the last couple of days and things are getting greener. Thanks for sharing the promise of spring with me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !