*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Ask and ye shall receive !

I emailed JoAnn one day last week to let her know that I was ready to do another commission for her, and I mean, not more than 3 days later, a package was on my doorstep !

This time she sent a fun kit for a quilt top designed by "Me & My Sister" Designs, put together by Moda.  This is just RIGHT up my alley........I am thrilled to get to work with these fabrics and this design. 

But there is NO WAY that I would put the quilt top together in the manner that they describe in their instructions !  It would be asking for trouble, and, for me, there is no way that the blocks would be pretty and neat.  The way I'm doing it, making the blocks oversized, will allow me to trim the blocks up nice and square when I'm finished.  I just do NOT cut strips to the size of the pieces I'm sewing them to and try to make them come out even with my machine.  I sew the pieces to a strip, and then trim to fit.

Anyway, this project is already well underway, and I got 12 out of 20 blocks pieced after starting at noon today and working until 6:30 p.m.  Of course, I had to stop occasionally to fix, and then eat, dinner.

Mandy says that she fell on the steps of her trailer Friday night, and wound up in the emergency room with a cut to her face.  The weekend was awkward and lessons were learned, hopefully.  

Note:  KMart refunded the money they charged me for the order that they cancelled, and I found a much better gift, although a little bit more expensive, at Walmart.com.  Kelley will presumably be picking it up out there at her local WalMart tomorrow.                 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !