*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, December 10, 2012

Potholders....2nd Christmas gift set

After making paper-pieced cup and bowl potholders for one niece, I was told that the other niece had an
apple-themed border going around the top of her kitchen; so, I set out to design a foundation-pieced apple block.   But not liking my design, I drew up an apple to hand-applique instead.

Here's what I came up with......

 
I hand-drew this apple, and reversed the side that the leaf is on for each apple.

Then I hand-appliqued the apples, using needle-turn applique.

I found some  green kitchen towels to go with these, and amazingly, without having the potholders with me while shopping, the color of the towels is the same shade of green as this green fabric print.

Our weather has finally turned cold, so I got groceries a day early to avoid going out tomorrow.  Today started out around 55 degrees, but the temperature went down all day, and a fierce cold wind made it feel much colder.  Tonight is supposed  to reach 27, I think.  It's high time it was this cold, so I'm not complaining, praise the LORD.  We are warm and snuggly and the pantry is full.  My God supplies all of my needs as promised in His Word !

Oh, I almost forgot.......the crew came back this past weekend and finished out the front porch's roof.  Yay, praise GOD !.....but I keep forgetting to get photos.  Oh, well, the sun WILL shine again, and I'll snap a few photos.

I'm still living without a dryer, not because I can't afford a new one, but because I CAN live without one right now.  As I may have mentioned before, it was the washer that I was expecting to quit working, not the dryer; so, I'm giving the washer a little time, incase I need to buy a set instead of one odd appliance.   I dried a load inside today, and a load on the clothesline yesterday before the weather changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by !