Praise !

Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? I Corinthians 3:16
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Friday, January 25, 2013

Getting back to the 'travelin'

You'd almost believe she'll help, huh?

I now have my stack of blocks ready for layout.  It's been a wild few days, rearranging furniture and rooms, doing this and that, while squeezing in a little bit of sewing when I could.

evidence of pawprints !
Lottie says that she's going to help, but that hasn't been the actuality usually when I start to lay out blocks.  Somehow they wind up skewed or generally squished with pawprints !

Anyway, I attempted a partial layout last night, and really had trouble getting seam allowances to oppose the way I wanted........and no, I didn't do like I said and lay it out and THEN press.  Oh, well, I may go for a different layout if I have too much trouble. 

But first, I need to go and get some potatoes all peeled and cut up for the potato soup I hope to have for lunch.  A rainy winter day, a new quilt layout, and hot soup, topped with cheese, red onions, and bacon..............wow, sounds like a great day a comin'.  Thank you, LORD !

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you've been bitten by the Scrappy Trips too! I love this block.

    I won all the blocks in the Block Lotto the month we made them back in Nov. 2011. My April 2012 post shows my top and the different layouts I played with.

    I like your softer colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !