*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Trippin'


If you've missed anybody recently, they've probably been on the same trip that I have taken.  Generally, I miss the quilting rages that seem to take the internet by storm, and only stumble upon them much later, making mine in quiet anonymity.

And, admittedly, I won't be the first to finish on this one, but I have succumbed to the allure of the Scrappy Trip-Along.   I cut out enough strips to make 42 blocks, hoping for a layout of 6 blocks by 7, measuring 72 x 84.  I figured that I would then add a 3-inch border all around, bringing me to finish the top at a measurement of approximately 78 x 90 inches.

Then I started piecing blocks, and found myself cutting more strips as I changed my mind about the color layout.  I'm not even pressing the finished blocks until I see where they go, so that I can make the seams oppose one another.  If you follow the instructions for pressing that are given in the tutorial, for me they automatically oppose if you turn the block one way, and they don't if you spin the same block 180 degrees.  I'm not disparaging the tutorial........I think that it is brilliant.  I would never have attempted this project without it.  This is a LOT of 2 inch finished squares !

So, anyway, that's where I've been hiding...........

   There's not much else I could do around here, anyway. 
We had warm weather last week, with buttercups and hyacinth coming up out of the ground, and then over the last couple of days we've had our first ice storm of the season.

 I think that these storms' effects are so pretty; they just fill me with wonder at God's majesty........and prompt me to call upon my heavenly Father to protect us from any harm that might come from breaking limbs, and slippery roads !

So, be safe, keep warm, BE THANKFUL, and sew something pretty !

3 comments:

  1. Sew to your heart's content, I'm sure the scrappy trip will be one worth taking. You are showing some happy colors here!
    :-}pokey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharing the journey with you! Lol. Love your block and the idea of spring heading north soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have chosen such pretty fabric! I have seen a lot of people working on a trip, but yours is the first that has pulled me in to considering taking that trip. Beautiful start! Can't wait to see more....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !