Now that the embroidered quilt-top is in the mail headed back to Oklahoma, I have a few days to do some much-needed personal projects.
Firstly, this new quilt that I bought measured 90 x 90 inches for either size that you could order....twin or full/queen. But Walmart.com marks the twin-size 'out of stock' in order to charge you ten dollars more for the full/queen. But, I loved the colors in it, so I went for it after reading in the reviews that an 82 year-old woman 'hemmed' hers to fit.
I figured if she could do it, so could I. Well, after putting it on the bed, I found that not only did it hang to the floor on each side, but they didn't take the time to center the design, which was VERY OBVIOUS. So, it was a win-win situation for me after all. I cut about 12 inches off of one side, and 5 or so inches off of the other, after removing the binding. Then I rebound the edges and now I have just the size I want WITH a SYMMETRICAL design ! Whoop, whoop, and praise the LORD !
I wanted to go without the dust ruffle, but under-bed storage is DEAR to me in this little home. In one of the photos, my husband pointed out the basket showing underneath the bed, so back came the ruffle. That's okay.........I wasn't going to get a modern look with this little four-poster frame anyway.
Hopefully I can get the new curtains made before the week is out.