Praise !

The LORD is my light and my salvation; Whom shall I fear?The LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
When the wicked came against me to eat up my flesh, my enemies and foes, they stumbled and fell. Though an army encamp against me, my heart shall not fear....Psalm 27 1-3
Psalm 31: 7, 8
I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy; for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy; thou hast set my feet in a large room.


Sunday, November 15, 2015

Dax's quilt, finished

I didn't get a really good picture of the finished quilt.  It was evening when I finished putting the label on, and the next day, I tied it up with a ribbon right away, so this is the best photo that I can share.

This is for my niece's newest expected arrival.  She has two beautiful little girls already, and they are excited to be expecting a BOY.  Their last name being Norris, my brother teased them, as soon as he found out the sex of the baby, that they would have to name him "Chuck".  Well, we figured, NO WAY !


So when I got the baby shower invitation, and I saw that the baby's name will be Dax Charlie, I HAD TO NICKNAME HIM CHUCK !  So I added that to the quilt's label.  My niece told me at the shower that I am TOO MUCH  like my brother !  LOL !

The back, which is not pictured, set the tone for the colors that I used.  It is a beautiful, flannel snow-globe print from Connecting Threads, in the colors of aqua, grey, and poison green on white (with a touch of red, which I didn't use).  I also used the snowman print to make her a diaper-changing pad, backed with a plush towel, and a bib that features one white star, just like the one pictured above.

1 comment:

  1. It is a wonderful work of art. Your colors are so good used together and the results are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !