*******************************************************************************************************

“I have given skill to all the skillful, so that they may make all that I have commanded you. “ Exodus 31:6


“O Thou who art the all pervading glory of the world, we bless Thee for the power of beauty to gladden our hearts.
We praise Thee that even the least of us may feel a thrill of the creative joy when we give form and substance to our thoughts and, beholding our handiwork, find it good and fair. “.
Walter Rauschenbusch


*******************************************************************************************************

"Come, and listen, all you who fear God; let me tell you what He has done for me.
I cried out to Him with my mouth; His praise was on my tongue.
If I had cherished sin in my heart, the LORD woud not have listened and heard my voice in prayer.
Praise be to God, Who has not rejected my prayer or withheld His love from me!" Psalm 66:16-20
*******************************************************************************************************

Monday, August 21, 2017

I won !

Our local county fair took place this past week, and they only brought back exhibitions last year, having cancelled them for many, many years.  So, last year I entered 2 quilts, just to get my foot in the door.  There were several entries, and I had hoped that it would pick up every year, with increased participation in the quilt area.

I never made it in time to see the exhibits this year, but from a picture that I saw on Facebook, it looked like there was even less participation this year than last.  With entry hours conflicting with my work hours, I thought that I would have to miss entering this year, but at the last moment, they allowed some morning entry, so I got up there in time to enter my string quilt on that last day's opportunity.

I had no idea if I won anything.  I went to pick up my quilt yesterday, and I was too late.  The lady had taken it home with her.  So I went to her office to pick it up this morning, and she had accidentally slept late for the FIRST time in many, MANY years !   I was beginning to wonder when I would see my quilt again, but was told that she would bring it to my house this morning before I had to leave for work.

When she brought it over, it had this nice, BIG, BLUE ribbon on it, and I was a happy camper.  Big competition or little, those ribbons get me everytime.



In other news, I showed Jodie Ann (my bff that calls the quilt ugly) a picture of the quilt in the basting frame,

 along with a picture of the backing that I pieced, .......(she's in the hospital with pneumonia again, and started showing everyone the pictures)...........and she texts me that her husband wants me to NAME MY PRICE so that he can BUY IT !    That has got to be the funniest news I've heard all week !

The HARDEST news I've gotten was just tonight.  My brother-in-law called to let me know that my sister has been diagnosed with a Pancreatic Tumor that contains cancerous cells.  They just got that information, and have to follow-up to find out more.  She was already suffering terribly from Spinal Stenosis, and, so, is in great need of prayer.  She's way out in California, and I'm here in Tennessee, so I can't be help to her physically, but I'll pray for her, and thank you for doing the same for Mary Honaker.

3 comments:

  1. Dolly, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister. I have already written her name in my prayer journal and will send her name to my prayer warrior sisters as well.

    But...You are such a winner! I think we all knew that your string quilt was blue ribbon material, this just proves it, so of course your 'ugly' quilt is a winner too!

    So now, tell me about that haircut. My youngest son is getting married December 1 and my stylist has me making hair plans already! Not so sure I can keep on track as I am pretty impulsive when it comes to hair!

    Love seeing you blogging again,
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saying prayers for you SIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry about your sister's bad news. Bless her heart...may the Lord give better health through prayers. I'm elated about your win with your gorgeous string quilt! Good for you, sweet thing! hugs, Maggie Ann

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by !